Absolute Anime Admirers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advice for Aspiring Authors

Mr. Schwibbles
    Mr. Schwibbles
    Administrator
    Administrator

Female
    Number of posts : 269
    Registration date : 2007-09-12

Advice for Aspiring Authors Empty Advice for Aspiring Authors

Post by Mr. Schwibbles Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:04 am

Well, I've seen these in like tonnes of Fan Fiction Forums, so I decided to make one here. I'm not a real good author, but I do know a little thing or two about writing.

Here are just little rules that I made up on the spot for you guys to follow.

1. Always you the correct punctuation, especially you Capitals and full stops.
    2. Try to remember which homonym is which e.g. their and there, you and ewe, etc...
    3. Don't bore your audience with a story that is so obvious. Like say Tai from Digimon wants to play soccer. You can simply write 'Tai is playing soccer.' 'Now he is kicking the ball with his mates.' That, honestly sounds like a piece of Crud, no offense. You need to add your adjectives, pronouns, adverbs etc to spice up your story a bit. Such as, "It's Tai first game today. He layed out his red and white velvet jersey over his studying desk yesterday, ready to go. His mum was busy in the kitchen, preparing for the days lunch and other delicacies....." Ok, that probably wasn't the best example ever, but see the difference when you add that detail.

Probably not the best help or advice ever, but I made it up on the spot, and it's bloody 7 am ok?

Hope you guys have something to add to this. Keep Smiling! Very Happy

AAA

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 7:34 am