Absolute Anime Admirers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Golden Journey

BlazikenEX
    BlazikenEX

Number of posts : 3
    Registration date : 2007-10-23

Golden Journey Empty Golden Journey

Post by BlazikenEX Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:17 pm

Golden Journey

Chapter One
    Gold was a typical 12-year old boy. He was lazy, rude, and arrogant. He dressed in mostly red, white, yellow, and black. He wore a red and white jacket and yellow and black shorts. He also wore a black and yellow baseball cap backwards, with a little hair sticking out of the front.

If Gold was passionate about something, he would obsess over it. It would become his life. If not, he would detest it. That was why after his friends Silver and Crystal had left on their Pokemon journeys over two months ago, he was still putting it off.

Gold’s friend Silver was good with computers, but quite weak. He was polite, and had a bit of a crush on Crystal. He dressed like Gold, only with blue instead of red and grey instead of yellow. He was a good friend of Gold, and spent his spare time programming his computer. Gold and Crystal were his only friends. He left on his Pokemon journey a day after Crystal.

Crystal was incredibly girly. She wore a purple hat, and had blue hair sticking out in concave shapes. She wore a lavender jacket, with bright red shirt underneath. She also wore yellow and black shorts. She wasn’t that strong, and cared more about how she looked that almost anything else.

"Gold! Get out of bed now!" his mother shouted.

"Just 5 more minutes! Please!"

"You said that an hour ago! Get up!"

"Fine! Sheesh."

Gold jumped out of bed, stretched, and headed downstairs for breakfast. He knew that his mom would ask him to leave yet again, and he knew that the following argument would result in him staying. It had been like that for the last 2 months.

"Gold, you have to leave by tomorrow," Gold’s' mother said.

"No. I said I wasn't going. That's final," Gold replied.

"And I say you are going. It costs money to register you for the Pokemon League, and there's an additional fee of p20000 if you don't leave by tomorrow."

"Fine! Tomorrow."

"All right. Today, you pack."

"Mooooommm.."

"Also, your Pokegear is back from the repair shop. Don't be so reckless on your skateboard. I swear, someday you're going to kill yourself."

Gold took the Pokegear without a word. It had broken when he fell while attempting to do a spinning flip off of his skateboard. His mom had been angry for weeks. He knew he’d get another lecture, so he had the instinct to leave while he could.

"After breakfast, head to Professor Elm's lab. He needs you to run an errand for him," said Gold's mother.

“What for? Couldn’t he just get an aide to do it?”

“He needs his aides for an important research project he’s doing right now.”

“All right, I’ll go.” He was secretly relieved. Now, he wouldn’t have to listen to another one of his mom’s lectures. They went on for hours. He rushed out the door.

~~~~~
    The previous night, 9:00 P.M.

The phone rang. Gold’s mother picked it up.
    “Hello? Who is this?” she asked.

“This is Prof. Elm I have a request for you.” Prof. Elm replied.

“What would that be?” she asked.

“I need Gold to run an errand for me. Mr. Pokemon has another new discovery, and-“

“Him? Why bother? It’s probably just another fake.”

“Yes, it probably is. But this time, he swears it’s important, and says he has something I must see. Unfortunately, I’m much too busy to pick it up, and I can’t spare an aide right now. Could you possibly have Gold visit him for me? It’ll be very difficult to get him to do it, but-”

“Nonsense. I’ve still haven’t given back his skateboard, and he’ll do anything for that. I only have one request.”

“What’s that?”

“I need you to give him a Pokemon for protection. He’ll never make it on his own, and it just might get him to participate in the League.”

“Excellent. Then it’s settled.”

“Right.”

~~~~~

Gold opened the door to Elm’s lab.

“Welcome!” Elm said. “I’ve been waiting for you. I need you to run an errand for me.”

“I know that,” Gold replied, “I want to know what it is.”

“I need you to pick something up from Mr. Pokemon.”

“No way. I won’t. Not from him. It’s probably just another fake.”

“Your mother promised back your skateboard for the trip and-“

“I’ll go.”

“Good, very good. Also, I’ll need you to take a Pokemon for protection.”

“Why? I can take care of myself. I don’t need a stupid Pokemon.”

“I insist. You do want your skateboard, don’t you?”

“Yeah, yeah, yeah. What do I get?”

“I have a Cyndaquil and a Totodile.”

“I’ll take the Cyndaquil.” Gold sighed. He didn’t want something so small.

“All right then. You’re ready to set off!”

Gold ran out of the lab, and into his house. His mother had been expecting him.

“Your skateboard and a backpack full of supplies are on the table.”

“Thanks Mom. Bye!”

Gold rushed out of the door. On his way out of town, he noticed someone stating at the window to Prof. Elm’s laboratory. He had red hair and mostly black clothing. He had a cocky, yet cruel, smile. Gold walked up to him.

“The famous Elm Laboratory...” the boy muttered.

“Hey. Who’re you?” Gold asked.

“Get lost, loser.” the boy replied.

“You little-“

Gold had no time to finish his sentence, as the boy punched him in the nose as he was speaking. Gold got up and tried to throw a punch of his own, but the boy was too fast for him. He kicked Gold in the shin, punched him again, this time in the eye, and then flung him backwards.

“I said to get lost.”

The boy walked off into the bushes. Gold walked toward the path out of town, now with a black eye and a bloody nose. He was ready to depart.

End of Chapter One
    Mr. Schwibbles
    Mr. Schwibbles
    Administrator
    Administrator

Female
    Number of posts : 269
    Registration date : 2007-09-12

Golden Journey Empty Re: Golden Journey

Post by Mr. Schwibbles Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:53 pm

A NEW AUTHOR! 8D

It's great you've posted this, I can finally make a newer verion of the Advice for Aspiring Authors Thread, but I'm not such a great author, so that'll kinda get in the way.

But anyways, hope you post the next chapters soon, Keep Writing,

AAA

Last edited by AbsoluteAnimeAdmirer on Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:34 am; edited 1 time in total
    Aki
    Aki

Female
    Number of posts : 23
    Registration date : 2008-03-10

Post by Aki Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:49 am

Wow! This is awesome! At first I never even bothered, but I'm glad I did! Very Happy
    Mr. Schwibbles
    Mr. Schwibbles
    Administrator
    Administrator

Female

Post by Mr. Schwibbles Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:04 am

I know, you should read the rest on either Serebii or BMGf, it's great. Razz
    BlazikenEX
    BlazikenEX

Number of posts : 3
    Registration date : 2007-10-23

Post by BlazikenEX Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:12 am

It's been a while, but I'm back. Here's the next chapter (finally)

Chapter Two
    The Beginning of a Journey

Gold stepped in to Route 29. This was his first time out of town, as it was too dangerous without a Pokemon. He took a few more steps, and then he heard someone approaching him. He looked to his left, and saw a man with black hair, wearing sunglasses. The man asked him, “How’d you get that black eye? Get into a fight?”

“Shut up.” Gold replied. After being attacked by the boy, he was in a somewhat irritable mood, and glared at the man.

“Alright. You didn’t have to be so rude,” the man said, “Anyway, you a beginning trainer?”

“No.” While Gold usually would have answered yes, or explained why not, he was still somewhat irate.

“What, are you some kind of expert?” The man gritted his teeth, beginning to become annoyed at Gold’s snappy replies.

“No, I’m just not a trainer.” Gold had become equally annoyed with the man’s persistence.

“Why do you have that Poke Ball with you, then?”

“To protect myself.”

“What’s in it?”

“A Cyndaquil or something.”

“You say that like you don’t even know. Have you ever battled?”

“Not with this.”

“I see. Well, then why do you-“

“Hate intrusive questions?” Gold retorted.

“You don’t have to bee so rude about it,” he replied, annoyed at Gold’s snappy response. “Anyway, I’m called The Dude, because I’m, well, a dude. Come to me if you need help.”

“No thanks. I don’t need help from you.”

“If you’re going to be rude, do it somewhere else.” With that, The Dude walked off. He seemed to be offended by something. What it could be, however, Gold hadn’t the slightest clue. He did wonder, however, what his Pokemon was like. He decided to see what it could do. As he threw the Poke Ball, he exclaimed,

“Cyndaquil, use Blast Burn!” The Cyndaquil came out. It was smallish, and had an unsure look in its eyes. It did not spew massive flaming flames, however. It simply gave Gold an inquisitive look. Gold decided to try again.

“Cyndaquil, use Fire Blast!” Again, it just gave him an inquisitive look. Gold began to doubt its strength, and squinted at it, giving it an odd look. “All right then, use Flamethrower!” It didn’t perform that attack, either. It only sighed. “Ember?” It shook its head.

“What can you do? ”It got a fearful look in its eyes. Reluctantly, it charged forward and scratched through the air. Then, it tumbled over and bumped into a nearby Rattata. The Rattata growled. It was pretty angry. The Cyndaquil, seeing that, ran back and hid behind Gold. The Rattata charged forward, but instead of attacking the Cyndaquil, attacked Gold. “Hey!” Gold shouted. “Why’d you attack me?”

The Rattata grew even angrier. It charged forward. Gold’s Cyndaquil became so afraid that it grabbed its Poke Ball and recalled itself. Gold wasn’t sure what to do, until The Dude ran in, as if he had popped out of thin air. “Do you need some help now?”

“Yeah, if you can.” Gold now regretted being so snappy. He worried that he may not help.

“Yeah, I can. I’ll help, don’t you worry.” The Dude grabbed a Poke Ball from his belt. From it, he sent out a Butterfree. It fluttered in the air, gracefully, and yet had a calm, commanding look in its eyes. “Butterfree, Psybeam!” he commanded.

Without a second notice, his Butterfree let loose a powerful beam of glowing, purple energy. The Rattata was blown back a few yards, where it hit a tree, unconscious. The Dude grinned. “Now, I believe you owe me some thanks.”

“Yeah, thanks. Sorry I was so rude, earlier.” Gold grinned apologetically.

“Don’t worry, it’s fine. People are often like that before I save their butts. Surprisingly, none of them act that way afterward. More importantly, though, it seems like you need to work with that Cyndaquil a bit. Come with me.” The Dude walked through some bushes to his left. Gold, not knowing what else to do, ran after him, trying to keep up.

~~~~~
    After they’d walked what seemed to be a mile, The Dude stopped. Gold was relieved. It felt as if any more walking would make his legs fall off. They were near a deep canyon with a long wooden bridge stretching across.. Gold asked, “So, Mister Dude Person, why’d we stop here?”

“It’s where you’ll train. Also, call me Dude.”

“All right, Dude, what will I be doing?”

“You’re going to cross the canyon with your Cyndaqui,.” The Dude grinned as he gestured towards the canyon., “It’ll increase the trust between you..”

“Is it safe?”

“Of course it’s safe. It’s just two boards held up by poles underneath, and tied together. It might not seem safe, but it is. I’ve crossed it several times.”

“If you say so, I guess I could try crossing it.” ”Gold sent Cyndaquil out. It immediately curled up behind him, shivering. Gold sighed. It was just so cowardly. He had no idea how he could change that. “Cyndaquil, we’ve gotta cross this bridge.”

Cyndaquil, of course was terrified. It also had no idea why it would want to cross this bridge. It feebly walked forward and on to the bridge. It took a few steps, then a few more. It was doing fine until a nearby Pidgey knocked it off of its balance. It was about to fall when Gold jumped forward, on to the bridge, and grabbed it.

“Don’t worry. I won’t let you fall.”At that moment, they looked in to each other’s eyes. They realized that they trusted one another. It was a calm, serene moment, until half of the bridge plummeted down the canyon.

“Aaah!” Gold screamed, fearing for his life, and Cyndaquil’s.They both plummeted down. Gold grabbed the now hanging half of the bridge, and held on, carrying Cyndaquil.“Remember, I won’t let you fall. I’m going to put you in your Poke Ball, and try to toss you up there. Are you ready?”

Cyndaquil nodded. Gold called it back, and tossed the Poke Ball up. It was caught by Dude, who sent Cyndaquil out. Cyndaquil trembled, but knew what it had to do. It jumped across the canyon and, by hopping across using the two poles, landed safely on the opposite side.

Cyndaquil grabbed the rope used to tie the halves together, which was still attached to both. It pulled, and pulled. It knew that the other side of the bridge was too heavy, but it pulled anyway. It pulled, and pulled and pulled. After about a half hour, Gold was high enough to jump to the other side. Cyndaquil was so exhausted that it collapsed. Gold realized, then, that he wanted to be a trainer. He would no longer put it off. He was now passionate about it, and nothing could get in his way.

End of Chapter 2

Also, may I have permisson to post everything else in the next post?
    Mr. Schwibbles
    Mr. Schwibbles
    Administrator
    Administrator

Female

Post by Mr. Schwibbles Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:41 am

All in the same post?

Well, I did post a newer version of the FanFiction rules yesterday which I spent about a week on, clearly stating "ALL OF THE CHAPTER in one go and NOT IN PARTS" in exception if the character count reaches the limit and needs to be placed in the next post.

But, since I know you have tonnes of chapters yet to post, I'll be lenient this time.

SO........

Go. WILD! What a Face
    Aki
    Aki

Female
    Number of posts : 23
    Registration date : 2008-03-10

Post by Aki Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:58 pm

Still good. You're a very good writer, you know that? Very Happy

Gah! Writer's Block is killing me. I got my revenge, but now it's back with a vengance and I'm struggling again.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 5:00 pm