Absolute Anime Admirers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Twilight Discussion Thread

Mr. Schwibbles
    Mr. Schwibbles
    Administrator
    Administrator

Female
    Number of posts : 269
    Registration date : 2007-09-12

Twilight Discussion Thread Empty Twilight Discussion Thread

Post by Mr. Schwibbles Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:26 am

All Discussion regarding Twilight should be distributed here.

~: RULES :~

1. General Forum Rules
    2. No flaming or bashing - it's stupid.
    3. Stay on forum topic.

Now that's done and dusted, let's hope people post! drunken

Sayonara, Keep Smiling! Very Happy

AAA
    GenderDefender
    GenderDefender

Female
    Number of posts : 38

Twilight Discussion Thread Empty Re: Twilight Discussion Thread

Post by GenderDefender Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:32 am

TWILIGHT IS AWESOME!!!

It is the best series in the world - am I right? or am I right? It doesnt matter, I know I'm right!~ lol.

Annnywayyy... the twilight movie is coming out in cinemas during the Christmas holidays, and that's going to be really really really really really good Smile
    However, I'm not sure how Kristen Stewart will do playing Bella :S

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDVlQPpVUA8&feature=related
    the link above is one of the trailers to get you all excited ^^
    Mr. Schwibbles
    Mr. Schwibbles
    Administrator
    Administrator

Female

Post by Mr. Schwibbles Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:41 am

Gosh, this thread like dieeeddd, but thanks for renewing it bec. x3

Twilight IS awesome, probably the only love story (aside from fanfics and July) that I can enjoy without going to the toilet to barf, but that's just my opinion. xD

I can't wait for the movie, but Kristen Stuart being there as star ain't the greatest thing ever, IMO. Neway, we're watching it nonetheless.

So, with the new book in air soon:

Should Bella chose Jacob or Edward? Why?

For the story's sake, I would choose Edward and Bells, but personally, I think the Jacob x Bella couple is shhoooo cute. The way Jacob treats Bella as a minor is adorable, and the scene with the motorcycle was just... augh... kawaii. =3
    GenderDefender
    GenderDefender

Female

Post by GenderDefender Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:01 am

Twilight Discussion Thread 411ixJBg1hL._SS500_
    Thats the breaking dawn cover ^

I KNOW IT LOOKS SO AWESOME!!~

http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/breakingdawn.html
    Thats the Stephenie Meyer thingy on her website...
    GenderDefender
    GenderDefender

Female

Post by GenderDefender Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:03 am

I'm sure you're all excited now about the Breaking Dawn book, so below is the first chapter of it Very Happy

ENJOY!!

1. ENGAGED

NO ONE IS STARING AT YOU, I promised myself. No one is staring at you. No one is staring at you.

But, because I couldn't lie convincingly even to myself, I had to check.
    As I sat waiting for one of the three traffic lights in town to turn green, I peeked to the right — in her minivan, Mrs. Weber had turned her whole torso in my direction. Her eyes bored into mine, and I flinched back, wondering why she didn't drop her gaze or look ashamed. It was still considered rude to stare at people, wasn't it? Didn't that apply to me anymore?

Then I remembered that these windows were so darkly tinted that she probably had no idea if it was even me in here, let alone that I'd caught her looking. I tried to take some comfort in the fact that she wasn't really staring at me, just the car.

My car. Sigh.

I glanced to the left and groaned. Two pedestrians were frozen on the sidewalk, missing their chance to cross as they stared. Behind them, Mr. Marshall was gawking through the plate glass window of his little souvenir shop. At least he didn't have his nose pressed up against the glass. Yet.

The light turned green and, in my hurry to escape, I stomped on the gas pedal without thinking — the normal way I would have punched it to get my ancient Chevy truck moving.

Engine snarling like a hunting panther, the car jolted forward so fast that my body slammed into the black leather seat and my stomach flattened against my spine.
    ''Arg!'' I gasped as I fumbled for the brake. Keeping my head, I merely tapped the pedal. The car lurched to an absolute standstill anyway.

I couldn't bear to look around at the reaction. If there had been any doubt as to who was driving this car before, it was gone now. With the toe of my shoe, I gently nudged the gas pedal down one half millimeter, and the car shot forward again.

I managed to reach my goal, the gas station. If I hadn't been running on vapors, I wouldn't have come into town at all. I was going without a lot of things these days, like Pop-Tarts and shoelaces, to avoid spending time in public.

Moving as if I were in a race, I got the hatch open, the cap off, the card scanned, and the nozzle in the tank within seconds. Of course, there was nothing I could do to make the numbers on the gauge pick up the pace. They ticked by sluggishly, almost as if they were doing it just to annoy me.

It wasn't bright out — a typically drizzly day in Forks, Washington — but I still felt like a spotlight was trained on me, drawing attention to the delicate ring on my left hand. At times like this, sensing the eyes on my back, it felt as if the ring were pulsing like a neon sign: Look at me, look at me.

It was stupid to be so self-conscious, and I knew that. Besides my dad and mom, did it really matter what people were saying about my engagement? About my new car? About my mysterious acceptance into an Ivy League college? About the shiny black credit card that felt red-hot in my back pocket right now?
    ''Yeah, who cares what they think,'' I muttered under my breath.

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20203238,00.html (That's where the chapter above is from ^__^)
    Mr. Schwibbles
    Mr. Schwibbles
    Administrator
    Administrator

Female

Post by Mr. Schwibbles Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:07 pm

Can't. resist.. reading! ZOMG! noo... *reads*

Wait, that ain't telling me much! Where's the drama! Augh, well, at least I got far enough into Eclipse to know that she's engaged. ^_^

Has anyone read, found or written a Twilight Fanfic before? I know I haven't stumbled any reasonably good ones, but Twolight (yeah, the name's crap) is one I've thoroughly enjoyed, although the writing style is alarmingly close to the one of Stephanie Meyer.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:51 pm